By taking part in our #AnchalSummer Giveaway you are not only entering for the chance to win a free Anchal quilt, you are helping better the lives of women in India!
In honor of the giveaway we want to remind you how your support is changing the lives of Anchal artisans and their children.
1. Thanks to your support Anchal is now providing alternative careers to over 107 women.
2. 100% of Anchal artisan's children are in school…that is not a coincidence. Over 40% of Anchal artisans didn’t go to school themselves and can’t read or write today. Of the 55% that did attend school, 65% dropped out before grade 7 and only 1% completed high school. Before Anchal, chances were that their children would follow the same pattern just as they had followed their own parents.
3. The artisan program acts as a supportive family and instills confidence and self worth in Anchal Artisans.
4. Grants from supporters such as Circle of Sisterhood and Dining for Women have allowed us to provide monthly educational workshops for Anchal Artisans and teach them harvesting and natural dye techniques.
5. Due to the support of the Louisville, KY community, where Anchal is headquartered, and Louisville Metro Government, we are now able to address sex trafficking in our hometown. We do this through dyeScape, an exciting and unpredictable project that combats the exploitation of women through a grassroots, local textile movement in Louisville.
Thank you for supporting Anchal! We could not do it without you.
Remember to enter for the chance to win a free Anchal quilt! Just post how you are spending your summer with Anchal on Instagram, tag @anchalproject and use the #AnchalSummer.