We recently posted an informational blog about social enterprises and how Anchal plays the roll of both a "socent" and a non-profit. Now we want to cover why everyone should support social enterprise and how they will benefit you and your community!
- The commercial activity of social enterprises is a strong revenue driver.
- 20 percent of Social Enterprises are generating impacts in the area of U.S. economic development; 16 percent are focused on workforce development; 12 percent are targeting energy and the environment; 11 percent are in education; and just 7 percent are working internationally.
- They address social concerns more efficiently than the government.
- They are more sustainable and creative than non-profits due to their ability to create revenue.
- Social enterprises are the perfect combination of the government, non-profits and business because it can bypass the shrinking government budget, employment opportunities and is sustainable on its own.
- By buying products from social enterprises you are helping the social enterprise meet their goals and helping the greater good.
- When even the most disengaged people of society buy from social enterprises, they are able to feel like they have a voice.